Cigarette suspected culprit of Haliburton area brush fire
A discarded cigarette is the suspected cause of a grass fire on Friday afternoon on Stoney Creek Road, located off of Haliburton Lake Road in Haliburton.
The Dysart Fire Department’s eight firefighters and five trucks arrived at the grass fire at 1:33 p.m.
They extinguished the fire within an hour without incident, as there were no injuries and damage to a nearby garage, which was close to 23 metres away from the fire when it was extinguished.
The fire department reminds everyone that conditions are dry right now and all outdoor burning should be done with extreme caution.