Structure destroyed in early morning fire near Haliburton 0
When the Haliburton Fire Department arrived there wasn’t much left except the smell of oils and assorted products, fire chief Miles Maughan said.
At 1:30 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 3, the department arrived to a structure fire on Chandler Drive in Haliburton.
The fire consumed an entire building on the property where Living Libations is based. Founded by Nadine Artemis and Ron Obadia, the company produces and sells essential oils, beauty care products, chocolate and elixirs.
The cause will be “basically a guess” because there wasn’t much left of the building when the department got there, Maughan said.
“From their account of it it started in the ceiling or attic, which is confirmed with what we saw when we got on scene. Other than that I’m not sure what happened,” he said.
The Haliburton County Emergency Medical Services and Hydro One were also on scene.
The department brought 15 firefighters with six vehicles and was there until 9:30 a.m.
No one was hurt in the incident.